What is wrong with the tomato on the left?
Answer: Absolutely nothing.
Before it was mature, a caterpillar took a nibble from it, and a scar formed on that spot. When cut open, you can see that it isn’t rotten- it looks like every other tomato and tastes just as good too.
Spots, scars and blemishes can form for other reasons, like when a branch rubs against the skin or cracks form from irregular/over watering.
Consider this: most fruits and vegetables (like this one) never make it to the supermarket. Everyone wants the picture perfect tomato. Ones that aren’t are thrown away. Perfectly good, life giving and nutritious food.
Most of the ones that do make it to the store shelf are wasted too. Go people watching in the produce aisle next time you’re there. Watch people’s hands glide right past the tomato that is slightly misshapen or not quite as red as the others. Now watch the store clerk push a cart past and collect up all the ones that are left over at the end of the week- the almost but not quite picture perfect ones- and watch as he throws them into a dumpster.
Rethink what you view as “good” food. Just because it is misshapen, bruised or scarred doesn’t mean it isn’t “good” food. It just means it isn’t as pretty as the others. Last time I checked, my taste buds and stomach don’t care about pretty.
- hamshapancha reblogged this from tomssecretgarden
- thestalkblog likes this
- hotter-than-youu reblogged this from sweattoday-smiletomorrow
- thischickroxie likes this
- a-single-candle likes this
- music-isme reblogged this from racingtovictory
- sweattoday-smiletomorrow reblogged this from qetfit
- justcallmehatter reblogged this from letsget-fit-together
- justcallmehatter likes this
- inspiretotire reblogged this from qetfit and added:
- deer89 likes this
- b-ishhhh likes this
- feeelingforever22 reblogged this from fit-fabulous-and-fierce
- fitblrfeeling likes this
- fit-fabulous-and-fierce reblogged this from flawlessly-fit
- longinglean likes this
- better-than-yesterday2013 likes this
- semperxeadem reblogged this from fiftyshadesofswole
- darling-your-head-isnot-right likes this
- daybooknoorda reblogged this from qetfit
- quadfins likes this
- whateverthepoodle likes this
- racingtovictory reblogged this from fiftyshadesofswole
- tonydanza reblogged this from flawlessly-fit
- tr-yagain reblogged this from qetfit
- lovepeaceandradishes reblogged this from flawlessly-fit
- shan-aniki reblogged this from kawaiithuglife
- trainmeanstaylean likes this
- flawlessly-fit reblogged this from fitnesstess
- fitnesstess reblogged this from yoga-bunny
- tropicjessa reblogged this from qetfit
- dropfat-getfit likes this
- samanthaxenomorphic likes this
- letsget-fit-together reblogged this from yoga-bunny
- niincomics reblogged this from kawaiithuglife
- qetfit reblogged this from fiftyshadesofswole
- fiftyshadesofswole reblogged this from yoga-bunny
- kawaiithuglife reblogged this from clair-de-lunatic and added:
- clair-de-lunatic reblogged this from yoga-bunny
- clair-de-lunatic likes this
- yoga-bunny reblogged this from erintmmclachlan and added:
- spacetakesplace reblogged this from erintmmclachlan
- spacetakesplace likes this
- erintmmclachlan reblogged this from tomssecretgarden and added:
- decembershits likes this
- blissandzen likes this
- oceanplait reblogged this from invisiblebee and added:
- schizophrana likes this
- thebeebumbles likes this